Bovada Poker has a genuinely good reputation. You will read plenty of reviews where that is stated about firms that are not so straightforward to deal with but Bovada knows that integrity is the key to building a long-term player relationship. So they try hard with their unique poker software, big tournaments, lots of cash games, great bonuses and promos. As their own network is the biggest for USA players, they have deep player base. You will always get a game at the level and of the type that you want.
The Attraction of Bovada Poker
- It is a place for Americans to play poker safely in the knowledge their winnings are protected and that Bovada has never missed a payment (as they rightly like to boast). No other nationalities can join Bovada as that was part of the deal when they replaced the old USA-facing Bodog brand. They do have some restricted USA states: New Jersey, Nevada, Delaware & Maryland.
- Their proprietary software is really very good. They are not just associated with a third party poker network and so they run the show from top to bottom. For me, this also adds to the trust because I know I can trust Bovada, maybe not so much some faceless software company that actually owns a network. That is not a concern here.
- One of the most interesting things about playing at Bovada Poker is that the names of the players are not used at the table. This anonymity does help level the playing field because it makes it harder for the professional players to identify and track weaker players. It tries to create a level playing field. This may not appeal to you, but actually it is pretty good. They are also protecting their poker eco system and that is surely of benefit to all players. If you are a pretty successful poker player then think of it this way: If this level of anonymity puts off other semi-pros then you will find a greater density of weaker people and less top rank players to come up against. Personally I think this scenario suits everyone. It also demonstrates the innovative thinking that has gone into producing the Bovada poker client. They are not trying to produce just any old stage, they are attempting to make it the best.
- There are plenty of players on this network. It can be disappointing to be a player on a network at a quiet time and the number of people is low so your options and choices of tables and games effectively become reduced. Here there is good player liquidity.
- As well as the cash games, there are big-money tournaments. When we were writing this Bovada Poker review there was a $5million tournament being promoted. Obviously the options that are available suit people with wallets of all sizes. There are weekly big tournies with qualifiers or direct buy-in choices.
There are the typical range of online poker games to play such as Texas Hold’em, Omaha Hi/Lo, Stud Poker plus these can be played as cash games, tournaments or Sit N Go.
There are mobile poker and casino options, so you do not need to be tied to your laptop or desktop PC to play. There is special Mac download client as well as obviously the normal one for Windows.
They are licensed in a regulatory environment you can trust, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission in Canada.
Bovada Poker Bonuses
The welcome bonus is a $500 bonus as a 100% match of your first deposit. The bonus money is released the more you play for the first 60 days.
There are new player and freeroll (free-to-enter) tournaments, bad beat and Royal Flush bonuses. Also watch out for plenty of other promos on a weekly basis.
Bovada Poker Deposits
The banking options for betting firms serving the American market have always been the weak link of the entire set-up. Bovada is better than the others at this. This is also the area where having the established reputation for honesty and fairness counts most.
The deposit options are basically credit cards or bitcoin. There are fees associated with the credit card deposit, as is normal for the US market. We urge you to get involved with bitcoin.
Bovada Poker Payouts & Withdrawals
Withdrawals are one of three methods: Bitcoin, a couriered check or wire transfer. You get one free check and wire transfer each month and after that there is a charge. Obviously Bitcoin attracts no fee at all. This Bovada Poker review strongly recommends that you get your head around Bitcoin because the withdrawals are close to immediate and life will become so much easier for you in the USA offshore gambling space.
There may be some verification required from you when you first withdraw, but again this is usual and they need to ensure you are who you say you are.
Further details can be found on the Bovada site via the ‘Financial’ tab. Just be assured however annoying verifications can be, it won’t be any different elsewhere and nobody does it better or slicker than Bovada. Plus once you have done the paperwork bit you won’t need to again in future.
Our Bovada Poker Review Summary
We think this is the best option for Americans and that Bovada provides the best experience for USA poker players. The firm itself operates with an ethos of integrity. It is fully licensed and regulated by a third party authority. More importantly it has years of good service to point to. If you are from the USA, then subject to not being from one of the restricted states, Bovada Poker is a must-join site.
Your Bovada Poker Review & Opinion
Submit your review
This is the best online poker site a USA player can find. With double the size of any other network serving the US market, I prefer to play here. The payouts are quick. I do all deposits and withdrawals in bitcoin, so there are no fees and no delays. There are improvements to be made with this site, but it beats the alternatives. It's about trust and that's why I have given them five stars.
As an American citizen I struggled to find a decent poker site to settle on. Bovada Poker does the trick and I love the much-discussed anonymous player option. Also good for my sports wagers!