Last updated July 17th, 2020
Sports betting at GTbets is USA Friendly + up to $500 bonus
Visit GTbetsGTbets is an expanding sportsbook for American players. They launched in 2011, though their management was involved with the good VIP Sportsbook before then. When VIP closed, GTbets guaranteed all player funds and took over from there.
USAbetting has not listed this firm until recently and that is because we needed to see several years of reputable trading by them before we published our GTbets review. We weren’t going to add them as a recommended USA sports betting company until we were certain.
Happily, they have surprised us by what a good job they do and how they have earned the trust of their players and industry insiders. We can’t find any downsides, except that they are very open about appealing to ‘recreational’ players. I think this suggests that any professional bettors are going to have their wagers restricted fairly swiftly. That said, GTbets will take fairly large wagers. For instance on NFL & NBA the limits on moneyline bets are $1000 and on side bets are $5000. If you become a regular player and want higher limits then they invite you to contact them to request that.
Also, while they are specifically in business to be US friendly and accept Americans, the following states are excluded: Delaware, District of Columbia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Nevada, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Washington & West Virginia.
As well as the sports and horse racing, GTbets has a very good casino with innovative Arrow Edge software, which really sets it apart from the rest of its competition. It has proven very popular.
- The welcome bonus is 100% bonus up to $500 and then, if you deposit a second time, 50% up to $250. This is very attractive and is paid in cash and not in free plays. It means that you get to keep the stake and the amount you win. There is a rollover requirement of 10 x, but that is standard with all firms. The benefit with GTbets is that it is cash, can be used for any product (sports, racebook, casino) and there is no restriction on when you take your first payout.
- There is 10% weekly cashback on casino losses and 15% monthly on any horse racing losses. These are repaid as cash.
- Now, at USAbetting, we think this next promotion is pretty impressive. They have what they call a ‘Favorite Teams’ promo where you can choose a team from each of NFL, College Football, NBA and College Basketball. You then get a free half point extra on those teams during the whole of the regular season. It is an offer that we have never heard of anywhere else before. So if your team is -6pts on the spread, you will get -5.5pts. Read more details via the ‘promotions’ link on the GTbets site.
That is not actually the end of the promotions as GTbets does even more on a regular basis.
Payouts & Payments at GTbets
- Deposit Options: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, XRP/Ripple and MoneyGram (called Quick Cash on the site). All deposit methods are free of charge.
- Payout Methods: Bank Wire, Bitcoin and MoneyGram. Players are eligible for one free Bitcoin withdrawal every 30 days. Fees apply to other methods.
GTbets does boast that they handle payouts faster than any other USA-facing offshore sportsbook. The downside is that most methods of withdrawal (not deposit) have fees attached. For instance bank wire is $40, so you want to make sure you have a healthy payout balance to make that cost worth it. Check their cashiers page for latest details. Unfortunately this is again typical of the USA sportsbooks, so GTbets is not on its own with these costs.
Our GTbets Review Verdict
This reputable offshore sportsbook is legal and licensed in Curacao. They offer all the betting lines that the other main sportsbooks do, and they are constantly improving and upgrading both the number of markets and the quality of their website. They are also fully optimized for mobile.
They try hard to do a good job for Americans and to play fair. They are a recreational sportsbook, so do not welcome professional bettors but they do take four-figure wagers. At USAbetting we trust them and our GTbets review’s conclusion is that we think you should benefit from adding them to your arsenal of sports betting accounts.
Leave Your GTbets Feedback & Review
Submit your review
Been playing with them a while. GTbets is a good sportsbook and seems well run. I particularly like the favorite teams promo where you get an extra half point on the spread.
I took England -1 against Tunisia and it was a loss, final score England 2-1! Absolute jokers of a sportsbook, stay away!
England -1 means the result for you was 1-1. That is a draw, so you would lose your bet with all sportsbooks. GTbets has not made an error, they have settled the bet correctly.
I have played for over a year with Gtbets. I have noticed the improvements in that time and customer services makes an effort to please.