Last updated May 19th, 2020
USA accepted, Big Bonuses plus Traditional & Live Dealer
Go To WagerWeb CasinoWagerWeb Casino might not be well known but it has been around since 1999. So while this is primarily a sportsbook brand, it does bring many years of online casino experience to the table.
The site takes all Americans, is easy to navigate and offers a wide range of casino games from a couple of leading-edge providers. If you are into your bonuses, and enjoy working the playthrough requirements, then they do provide some headline-grabbing welcome offers.
The cashier system is good and unsurprisingly Bitcoin users are embraced like long-lost friends. Additional to the casino, there is live dealer action plus you can play sports and the ponies. A dedicated poker room is notable by its absence.
Read on to get more detail about the site, but this WagerWeb Casino review does conclude positively and USAbetting recommends trying it out.
Jump to a section: Our Wagerweb Casino review kicks off with the WagerWeb Casino design plus read about state and country restrictions in our who can join section. Also check out the bonuses and how they work. We detail casino games and there is a live dealer option available. Find out how easy mobile play is, while the deposits & payouts part discusses the cashier. Then there is the licensing situation as well as their sports & racebook offering. We have a pros & cons table and finally is this casino recommended by us? Once you have played there, then we would love to know your WagerWeb review and star rating for the site.
WagerWeb Casino Design
The site, at first sight, is simple, attractive and easy to navigate. However there is precious little substance and content prior to joining. They need to show all casino games before people sign up. So very quickly the good first impression gives way to the realization that vital info is sparse before you register.
Maybe we are picking straws, but USAbetting hates that there is a typo on their main casino welcome page as it gives such an amateur impression. At the time of writing this WagerWeb Casino review, they ridiculously describe craps as ‘crabs’ on their site’s main casino page, which could be painful. Maybe they don’t offer that mainstay of online casinos, craps, and instead offer betting on racing crustaceans.
In fact this isn’t the only error in their text and they need to neaten up their wording, and links, in quite a few places. The logos of various insignificant affiliate sites at the bottom of the home page only adds to the aura of unprofessionalism.
Those valid criticisms aside, this site is not as sloppy as initial intuition suggests. Once you join, the level of competence improves.
Who Can Join? Restricted US States & Countries
WagerWeb Casino is aimed squarely at Americans. There are no specifically restricted states at WagerWeb but we have been told by the guys there that Maryland residents, while not overtly refused, might run into problems with some deposit methods. If you are from Maryland, maybe think about using the bitcoin deposit option. A bonus is that bitcoin deposits and payouts are lightning quick.
As well as their main USA market, WagerWeb also openly accepts players based in Canada and Latin America. Most other countries are not able to join and have better options for them elsewhere anyway. Why? Because WagerWeb’s choice of welcomes bonuses only apply to North and South Americans. So if you are not from there, maybe take the hint.
WagerWeb Welcome Bonuses & Sign-Up Promos
Before we detail the bonuses, we will clarify some definitions because WagerWeb talk about an option of getting either a “cash bonus” or “free play”. What’s the difference? The cash option is best as it can be wagered across the site on anything while Free Play has restrictions on usage and even excludes some casino games, which really is annoying.
That is why some of the bonuses below show free play as the more generous option, because it isn’t as flexible. USAbetting would recommend the cash bonus every time.
The bonuses are only available to residents of America, Canada or South America. You may have to contact them to ensure you are allocated the bonus you want.
Remember, you don’t have to be drawn into taking a bonus. After all there are serious restrictions, in terms of the rollover requirements and other terms and conditions. So think if you want to commit to that because you won’t get a payout until you have satisfied the smallprint. You may prefer to deposit a small amount and try the place out, with no obligation, first. It’s just a thought.
WagerWeb offers a choice of three welcome bonuses on their website, but actually there are four offers:
- 100% Cash Bonus on Casino (also sports & racebook): You’ll see all the details of this bonus exclusively when you click through to WagerWeb Casino from USAbetting. You won’t find it on the WagerWeb site and it might only be around for a limited time. You need to use any link to them from this page: You can try it by clicking here. This offer is 100% up to $500. It can be claimed in one go or over your first five deposits, but the most you can claim in total is $500. The rollover is 36 X in the casino (18 X for sportsbook). If this is too high then consider one of the offers below that have lower requirements. There is a 30% max bet limit on sportsbook until the rollover worked through. It can’t be used for live dealer play. You won’t get a payout until you comply with the following: 4X rollover on winnings for casino.
- Welcome Bonus: This is the first of their normal three options. This has a cash bonus of 50% or 75% free play bonus for a minimum deposit of $100. You’ll have a X15 rollover requirement with this option. You get 5% cashback on racebook handle (not only losses) on all major tracks and 5% on casino losses too. It does have limitations though. Your largest bet during the duration of the rollover is limited to 20% of your deposit amount.
- High Roller Bonus: $100 minimum deposit. 20% cash bonus or 30% free play that comes with a X10 rollover. No restrictions on bet size. 5% cashback on casino losses & racebook volume on major tracks. No sports cashback.
- Elite Bonus: This comes with a 10% cash bonus or 15% free play bonus. There’s a X8 rollover, the lowest of all the choices. You must take it on all deposits for the weekly period and the minimum deposit is also $100. You receive 1% cash back on your sportsbook volume, 5% on racebook volume and 5% on casino losses.
In our opinion the welcome bonuses above have too many options and terms. It makes us wonder if the confusion that might cause is deliberate. They need simplifying. So, if you opt in, make sure you read the conditions and are happy to comply, otherwise you could be unhappy when you fail to stick to the terms and then can’t withdraw funds. This is not a unique situation to this brand – the bonuses across the USA casino space are fraught with pitfalls and often simply not worth the hassle.
There are not as many ongoing promos as at many equivalent sites, but the casino cashback offer is actually a really good one. The main promotions for existing players are:
- 5% Casino Cashback: You receive 5% cashback on your net casino losses every Monday. This has no rollover requirement with it – it’s simply free cash for you to utilize as you choose. Only any live casino action is excluded. You need to contact them to enrol for this though.
- 10th Time A Charm: This is fairly unique. Once you make nine deposits in a row without making a withdrawal, you will get the 10th one free as an average of your last nine deposits. This is given as cash with a 5 X rollover requirement. The maximum bonus is $750.
WagerWeb Casino Games & Software Providers
There are a couple of top developers providing its games to the Wager Web casino: Betsoft and Digital Gaming Solutions (DGS). This eclectic mix means you can play some titles that aren’t often found on many other top USA casino sites. However, if you have a particular preference for games from alternative developers like the much-used RTG, then WagerWeb may not be for you. We advise an open mind and this site is worth giving a go – particularly as there are over 200 games to choose from.
WagerWeb Casino has over 200 games to choose from Unfortunately, you will only be able to see the game lobby once you complete the sign-up process. This is fairly quick and easy to do though, so it won’t cause any issues. Once inside the game lobby, you will be able to see the selection of games. There’s a decent choice of different slots.
These include titles like The Exterminator, Lucky 7, Black Gold and Fruit Zen. The selection incorporates both modern video slots and classic 3-reel offerings too. It’s not a casino that integrates progressive jackpot titles though.
As well as the requisite slots, there are a raft of the expected table games for you to enjoy at the site. These include several different variations of roulette and blackjack, caribbean poker and sic bo. Then there is pontoon, 3 card and pai gow poker. This is far from an exhaustive list.
There are multiple different video poker offerings, including Jacks or Better, Bonus Poker and Joker Wild. There is also a virtual racebook, which is not found too often elsewhere.
WagerWeb Live Dealer Casino
In typical WagerWeb fashion, they don’t promote this until you join up but they do offer a live casino. You can play Blackjack, Roulette, Baccarat and an extended version of Baccarat called Super 6.
In a live dealer casino you sit at your laptop as if you were at the table and the dealer conducts the action in real time, prompting when you need to place your bets. It’s the next best thing to being in a real, as opposed to online, casino.
This facility is provided to WagerWeb by a specialist company that also serves some of the other major American-focused online casinos. It’s pretty good.
WagerWeb On Mobile: Smartphone, Cell, Android, iOS & Tablet
You can play on mobile simply by browsing to the casino. There is no need for an app, with the available games all being instant play.
WagerWeb Cashier & Banking
How To Make Deposits
Before we get into the list of ways to deposit, we just want to ‘big up’ Bitcoin use at offshore casinos. Deposits, and crucially payouts, are so quick with BTC. In addition, there are no fees. If you are a regular player it will make your life so much easier than the other options on offer, not to mention more private. Crypto really is the perfect currency and optimum mechanism for funding and withdrawing.
The methods to fund your WagerWeb Casino account are as follows:
- Bitcoin: Minimum deposit of $25 and takes 45 minutes to an hour to clear. USAbetting guesses it is actually whatever the time is to six confirmations, which is usual. There is no doubt that Bitcoin is the easiest and most hassle-free option for both depositing and withdrawing from this casino. Obviously there are no fees for bitcoin transactions.
- Credit Card or Prepaid Card: The transaction size must be $17, strangely, to $500. The clearance time is immediate. Fees are basically any your card company charges you, which may include a foreign exchange fee.
- Person To Person Money Transfer: $100 to $680 transaction size. Take an hour or greater to clear. WagwerWEb Casino will refund fees on transactions of $300+.
- Cashier’s Check: This is only an option for larger deposits of $1000+. Any fees are refunded. You get a percentage of the sum to play with once the check is trackable an you within five to seven days the whole amount will be credited. One note of caution: you can’t withdraw for six weeks if check is the deposit option you used. They are certainly being cautious.
- Bank Wire: This is for $5000+ transaction sizes. Fees are refunded. 1-3 days for clearance of funds.
Payouts & Withdrawals
The payout methods are adequate for the offshore industry. In other words they are pretty spartan and, apart from Bitcoin, typically slow to arrive. Do note that those withdrawal methods that do incur fees (check, bank wire and person to person) can be used for free once every 30 days. These are the payout methods available, along with any fees.
- Bitcoin: As stated, it’s the easiest way to go. Transaction sizes are $100-$3000 and you can request this daily. There are no fees and you’ll get your BTC on the same day: we received our BTC payout within two hours.
- Check: $500-$3000. Could take up to 15 days to be received. Fee of $50 unless it is just once in 30 days.
- Bank Wire: For amounts of $10k+. Three days to a week to arrive. One free in 30 day, otherwise $75 fee.
- Person To Person: $100-$300 and fees vary.
Costa Rica Gambling License
This online site is based in Costa Rica, a location that condones rather than overtly licenses offshore betting firms. So it is little wonder finding licensing information on the WagerWeb website is not possible.
It follows, how much credibility the Costa Rican jurisdiction actually bestows on an offshore online casino that it licenses is very debatable. There are some very dodgy outfits in Costa Rica, notably that scam operator BetUS Sportsbook. However, WagerWeb does have a very solid reputation, so we know they are alright even if the protection a license should offer to players is effectively missing.
Customer Service & Making Contact
We know that it’s not always the case that things will go smoothly at online casinos. However, if you do meet a problem, WagerWeb customer support is quite accessible.
You don’t get to know about this until after you join, but they do have a good live chat system. In addition there are several free telephone numbers and the ability to email them.
They are available between the hours of “10am EST to Last Half Time or Game”. In essence, think 10am to 11pm ET.
Other Areas: Sports Betting & Racebook
WagerWeb offers more than just casino action. Its other sections are:
- Sports: WagerWeb is primarily known for sports betting and they do a good job, with all main American leagues and games catered for. You can obviously bet on NFL, MLB, NFL, XFL, MLS and NHL but they also offer many lesser sports from around the world. Live betting is also worth noting. This is where you can bet mid-game as the action unfolds. Check out our full WagerWeb US sports betting review.
- Racebook: The racebook is where they offer the horse racing product, including harness racing. While covering all the U.S. tracks, they also offer odds on the ponies from other countries, such as Australia. There’s a 5% cashback offer on Mondays.
- Poker: If you are looking for an American-friendly poker room, this is not the site for you. They have not bothered to cater for poker players, which with the recent pandemic causing a big uplift in the game, they might want to reconsider.
Pros & Cons Table
Here is an easy-to-see summary of the good and bad points in table format:
|✅ Reputation for integrity.||❌ Can’t see full casino games list until you join.|
|✅ Accepts all USA states.||❌ Website text clumsy & unprofessional in places.|
|✅ Uses two different software providers: Betsoft & DGS, providing good variety of 200+ casino games.||❌ No poker.|
|✅ Live dealer casino.||❌ Costa Rica ‘licence’ offers limited player protection.|
|✅ A possible 5% casino cash back on net losses.||❌ Bonus terms need simplifying.|
|✅ Good sportsbook & racebook.|
Conclusion of WagerWeb Casino Review: Is It Recommended?
USAbetting now concludes our WagerWeb Casino review with an honest opinion of the site, while you can leave yours at the bottom of this page.
We believe that it is a safe and trustworthy site to join. The breadth of games is good. They have two top software providers, which is one more than many of their rivals. You can call it ‘three’ if you include the excellent live dealer casino.
Many review sites will heap praise on dubious gambling firms regardless of the truth. USAbetting is not one of them. So have some reassurance when we say that WagerWeb can be trusted. They have a good reputation across the offshore betting industry. That last point is the most vital of all, because you don’t want to be ripped off. Their customer service is good and while certain aspects of their website are sloppy, particularly the initial welcome pages, they do try hard to please.
There is no getting away from the fact that WagerWeb was a sportsbook first and a casino second. However don’t hold that against them because their online gaming section is far superior to many stand-alone online casinos.
In our view, WagerWeb Casino isn’t quite top of the rankings. They can’t compete with a class-leader like Bovada United States Casino and what that brand can offer American bettors. However they are good, they have improved over the years and we would not put you off trying them out.
Leave Your Star Rating, Opinion & Review of WagerWeb Casino
Submit your review
I joined for the sports betting but soon started to play at the casino. For a sportbook, the WagerWeb casino is actually really good with a varied choice. It is far more than a token gesture site and I am a real fan of the many slots on offer.